album cover
facebook twitter rss

Get our App

App in Google Play

iPhone app

Rewards Club


GI man suffers injuries during house fire

Posted: 01/18/13 08:45

A Grand Island man has suffered minor injuries in an early-morning fire that destroyed his house. The fire started at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday in the attic of the home. The residents of the house, Chester and Donna Castor, and their son, 41-year-old Brian Castor, were in the home when the fire broke out. Brian Castor burned his fingertips trying to put out the fire, but was otherwise uninjured and refused to be treated at a hospital. Grand Island Rural Fire Department Chief Chuck Hoffman says fire officials have not determined the cause of the fire, but have traced the origin to a furnace in the attic.